Sunday, December 19, 2021

Two Steps Back or Perhaps Just Pruning for a New Season

This weekend I noticed quite a few mixed and conflicting feelings. I started to feel as though I had taken so many steps backward when I thought I was moving forward??? This felt distressing.
I decided to sit back, breath and observe the thoughts without judgement and let them pass through.  
Instead of fighting them as I normally might have done in the past.
Low and behold, although uncomfortable in the moment, I found myself up and moving much faster by this process and simply acknowledgement of how I felt.

Felt the feelings, let them pass through and then made a small step to get up and do some light tidying to clear my brain, which led to some writing and working out and I was well on my way :):):)

Today when I was doing my Yoga, I looked outside and thought about yesterday and the feeling of two steps back and realized maybe we are much like plants in a garden and just need to be pruned once in a while so we can be prepared to grow even fuller and more lush for the next season :)

Small Steps, Big Things 

Be patient and compassionate with yourself 

Xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment