Saturday, May 25, 2013

Road to First Mini Triathlon

5/25/13

When my sister asked if I wanted to do a mini tri in August I originally thought, thanks but no.

Then I gave it some consideration and thought what a great way to work some more muscles, tone, define and broaden my horizon. 
I already ran, I use to swim in high-school and seriously, how hard could riding a bike again be???

I downloaded a training schedule, bought a bike at Costco along with helmet.  I tested it out by riding around in my suit and heels in the store and scored the floor sample so I didn't have to do the necessary "assembly required".
Brought it home and said Yes to the mini tri!

Ummmmm, seriously underestimated the bike riding ease!  Riding a bike is not the childs play that I remember it to be. I curse the hill we live on :):):) PS. Is it normal for your lady parts to fall asleep while riding? 

About five minutes in (all uphill btw) I thought thank God I only spent $250 and Costco would take it back cause this blows!

Alas, I couldn't quit this soon into it and  I decided to trudge on and make it up the hill. 

I read a blog on line about tips for beginning cycling and was getting confused by what all the gears do and when to use them. One learns very quickly what all the gears do and don't do, what makes the bike faster, slower, harder and more efficient, why you don't wear floppy pants especially on the chain side and how to put the chain back on if it slips gears cause there is no way you are walking you and the bike home.

Day 1 conquered the hill! once I became one with he bike and familiarized myself with how to properly ride it, all was good, not easy, but good. Did 22 Minutes, legs wobbly but overall had great time :)


No comments:

Post a Comment