Saturday, July 27, 2013

Road to First Mini Triathlon

7/26/13

Wow how the time is flying by!  Finished month two training in North Carolina and Baltimore.  Between the hotel gyms and the Lakes in Carolina I was able to keep up my training regimen. The lake swim was good practice.  Need to do ocean next.

Have now completed week one of month 3.  I did a bike ride today with hills and have learned that after two weeks of no hill training it definitely shows.  I had to actually stop for a second and catch my breath.  Went farther and longer than I thought despite wanting to stop a couple times -- I am glad I did as I got to see a bunny, the top of Friendship Park and raced a squirrel (the squirrel won).

I have found that I am starting to shift into competitive mode instead of the original mission which was just to have fun and complete the task -- not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing, I will keep you posted :):);)

No comments:

Post a Comment